ESC in Valencia


I feel like that my ESC journey has just begun, however, I have just realized that almost one month has gone by!
With everyone’s cooperation, it has been possible to prevent the project from being canceled. My Erasmus+ mobility should have started months ago, precisely in March. As with many other projects, it has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  
At this darkest time, I had tons of questions roaming around in my mind.
My sending organization AIM Agenzia Intercultura e Mobilità helped me to deal with all the paperwork and prepared me thoroughly before sending me off on this grand adventure. The constant support of my hosting organization, which is Escola Sindical de Formació Melchor Botella, before departure and here in
Valencia has been crucial. 

 

ESFMB is a non-profit organization that manages the training of all the people who belong to or are related to the Intersidical Valenciana.
The volunteer project, which is called ”Volunteering as a European inclusive strategy”, aims to create new employment opportunities for young people and provide advice and information to them about the activities carried out.
In order to decrease the large influx of people in the ESFMB buildings, this organization has also introduced smart working for their employees. Temporarily we are working from home 3 days a week and in the office the remaining days. 
We have been provided with all the support we need in order to perform our activities in the best possible way.  
Our involvement in the organization is facilitated by the role of tutor and supervisor which help up to settle into daily life and experience the host country. We also benefit from the Online Linguistic Support platform to keep up with the foreign language.

 

I’ve been sharing this experience with other two European volunteers, Natalia from Hungary and Romain from France. Since we cannot choose who to share this experience with, I count myself really fortunate!
We all stay in a shared apartment located in Xirivella, a quiet town not too far from the ESFMB Headquarters in Valencia.


As volunteers, we plan and organise workshops and seminars. We use our own experience to encourage the participation of local youth for future EVS projects and give them a best understanding of what it’s like to volunteer abroad. These meetings are specially held in English in order to give people an opportunity to practice the language in a non-formal way.
We also get encouraged to realize posters and initiatives to promote European projects of youth exchange through social networks.

 

I know from first-hand experience that living in a foreign country can be challenging.
With the Erasmus+ program, I'm having the opportunity to experience Valencia and explore
the territories around me while having all the security and support I could wish for.

 

I’ve always loved this land and I wanted to get to know more about its culture.
It didn't take me too much time to get used to it! I'm already settled in!
I can see lots of similarities to Italy, the way we approach life is pretty much the same, and being Italian works in my favor when it comes to learning
the language that is spoken in Valencia.
I definitely take advantage of this golden opportunity and by the time this experience ends I’m expecting to build up my confidence
in my language skills.

I still have nine months ahead of me, and I’m sure they will be part of my life’s most outstanding ones!

 

Simone



Post a Comment

0 Comments