My Experiences as a Volunteer in Valencia

      My name in Natalia, I am a volunteer from Hungary. I am volunteering in Valencia in a project of the Escola Sindical de Formació Melchor Botella (ESFMB). It is a non-profit organization that is involved with many projects. I work together with two other volunteers on Erasmus-related tasks. My job includes: updating the project’s social media pages (Facebook and Instagram), filling out the Europass Mobility forms and creating certificates for the Erasmus students of the VET program, and other small tasks that we are assigned. We are the first volunteers ESFMB has ever had, which is exciting. Due to Covid-19 things are running differently, therefore we work from home a lot, and have only recently started going to the office twice a week. This is my first office job experience, so I really enjoy being in the office and having multiple coworkers (before this I worked in a kindergarten, where we were never more than eight adults).

I am a person who loves traveling, and while this coronavirus makes this difficult to enjoy to a maximum, I have been able to see many beautiful places in Valencia and in the neighboring cities while staying safe. I love the friendliness of the people, so far they have been so welcoming, which makes me wish I could stay here forever. The beach is another great thing about Valencia. I love that it is so close, and I can go anytime I want (at least now while the weather is warm). Overall, my first month here has been simply amazing, and I am looking forward to the rest of my time here.

Post a Comment

0 Comments