My first week as a volunteer in Valencia

  

 Hello! My name is Romain, I´m 20 years old and I´m from France. I´ve been volunteering in the Escola sindical de formacio Melchor Botella (ESFMB) for one week, and I will continue for nine more months! For me, who has little experience travelling abroad, it is a very enriching experience and a challenge to speak different languages. After only 2 weeks I can already see my level of understanding rising, although there are still misunderstandings.

    The Escola Sindical de Formació Melchor Botella (ESFMB) is a non-profit association whose mission is to manage the training of all the people who belong to or are linked to the Intersindical Valenciana 

    At the moment we are working on the communication of the association’s social networks and we also take care of the administration of young students going abroad that the association works with. We mainly work in an office, which is also new to me, it is a pleasant experience to be around colleagues.

     However, volunteering is somewhat complicated because of the current health situation. We only go to the association's office 3 days a week and the rest of the time we work from home with the 2 other volunteers, which is a good opportunity to get to know each other better.

    Our free time allows us to discover Valencia and its surroundings, and to enjoy its climate and warm atmosphere. Also, it is the first time I live in such a big city, but Valencia is beautiful with a strong local culture where it is good to live. The presence of the sea is also very pleasant to refresh oneself in the evenings or at the weekends.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments