The beginning of my experience with ESC

¡Hola! My name is Stefano, I’m 20 and I’m Italian.


When my project coordinator and coworker in Italy Sabrina showed me that there was a possibility for me to be working with the ESC (European Solidarity Corps) in Valencia for six months, I couldn’t believe my ears! Why offer me, a 20-years-old newbie in volunteering that can barely talk to a bunch of people this amazing possibility? That is what I kept asking myself from the very start.

Then I understood. After reading the description of the project I’ve realized how much I had, and still have, in common with the values and hopes of ESC. At that moment I already knew I wanted to embark on this project with my whole self.

So, after accepting the offer it was time to organize it all, make sure everything was taken care of and, of course, meet the people I would be working with.

The process started when I was still in Italy, first with Alessia and Sara, (both of whom I already knew) two extraordinary people that work with AICEM, then I met Cosimo, an amazing and talented photographer and video-maker. Afterwards I met Montiel and Xavi, first online during a getting-to-know-me interview, then in person when I arrived in Valencia.

Since the very first day everyone has been incredibly nice and thoughtful towards me, as soon as I entered the office, I felt a very positive and vivacious work space environment, full of diligent and active people. I truly can’t wait to see what will happen in the coming months.

After this first week I think I’m able to tell that my first impression about the office was absolutely right, the people that I work with are all very passionate about what they do and happy while they are doing it! Also I’m so happy to say that I was assigned my first tasks. Which consisted, among other things, in writing this blog post for presenting myself, but also to go around the city and take some pictures of the most memorable and known monuments and places, with the final aim of creating communication material for the school.

Needless to say, I had the best time wandering in Valencia, choosing the best angle, waiting for just the right moment to take the perfect shot, it really was a lovely time that made me love Valencia even more and I can’t wait to do it again!

-Stefano

Post a Comment

0 Comments