Arrival in Valencia

Hey there and welcome to my first blog post!

I'm Benita from Latvia and a few weeks ago, I arrived in Valencia to volunteer for ESFMB. Back in Latvia, I was the manager and project coordinator for a big youth NGO, and I also got to work there with ESC projects. I always knew that I wanted to use this opportunity myself and do volunteer work in Spain. Luckily enough, I found so many opportunities that I was interested in, and I decided to go to Valencia as my free time was limited. 

My arrival went great. I met Sherine, another volunteer of the School, and settled in an apartment. Sadly on my second day here, my phone got stolen, and I couldn't fully enjoy my first days here. Everyone here is so supportive, so I got a temporary new phone and local number. Despite my little accident, I still got to see, feel and experience Valencian celebration "Fallas". 




Workwise, so far, I have helped with a few project activities, organized some documents, and gotten to know my colleagues. For the following weeks we have many plans to introduce more youngsters to EU opportunities and programs, as well as organize some activities. Of course, I'm planning to see more of Valencia, experience the culture and in my free time visit other places around me and even further. Not to forget to mention the big advantage of ESC projects is that there are free courses in language so I look forward to improving my castellano. 

I'm grateful for this opportunity and the people I have met so far. It is easy to find like-minded people with the same interests. As well as I have a feeling I will learn some Italian as there is a bunch of Italians in the office. :D  For the future, I can suggest searching and definitely using ESC volunteering project while you can and don't forget to take care of your phone once you get into the crowded streets. :D






Post a Comment

0 Comments